okay... so i have this pet peeve... and it's not just something that gets to me a little bit, but it really irks me...
anyway, i really hate it when i'm talking to someone on IM and i'm talking and talking, and they don't respond and eventually they go idle... in the middle of a conversation... they've walked away... that's just like talking to someone face to face and all the sudden, without warning or anything they just walk away...
how hard is it to type three little letters "b r b"??? and it's really bad that this doesn't just happen with one person, but several on my buddy list are guilty of it... granted, only one knows how much it bothers me and they still continue to do it...
i just feel like they're implying their life is more important than mine, and maybe they think i have nothing better to do than sit around and wait for them to return... however, with the one person that knows this bothers me, i know that's not the case... he just doesn't think...
and no, i don't feel i'm being anal about this... you'd feel the same way if it happened to you... right???
Saturday, July 17, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I know people who go both ways on this... I dislike it myself, because unless they turn on their little typing thingie, I don't know if they're just writing a big reply (and I should leave them alone) or if they've given up on the convo (and I should do that too or try and start something again). I think it's mainly that I don't want to force anyone into a conversation if they're busy, but I want to talk to them too... but on the other hand, sometimes I get distracted when I go get a drink of water or something.
But then, I know people who conceed "real life" to "AIM life" anytime, no question asked.
Oops... that was me... -Jennifer
Post a Comment